Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sock Wars!

I love that Jon has a lot of time to spend with Avery and I at home. I think about how lucky Avery is to have both her parents home at the same time to play with her. So our laundry has been piling up since I have started school this past week (...sigh).

I was getting caught up this morning while Jon was getting ready for his day. He was putting on his socks when every sock he went to put on had a hole at the heel. He thought it would be funny to throw them at me. And so it began...an hour or so of sock wars!!

I loved to laugh that hard and Avery was very entertained. We had called a truce and Jon was headed to the kitchen when Avery gathered up all the sock bombs and threw them at me. She wanted more and so we played more. I love that we are not too serious to play and laugh.

Avery LOVES her daddy! She was very concerned when Jon would get bombed and fall to the floor but was happy to run after the sock bombs and give them to Jon to throw at me. I wish I could have filmed the entire thing. I love me family! For more reasons than one!!!!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

That is so funny! I can totally see Jon doing that :) And so funny that Avery was concerned. I just love her so much! I miss seeing you.

Holly said...

hahaha!!! What a hoot! Those are the best memories. Kids won't remember the big extravagant presents ortrips, but all the little important moments.

Insights said...

I love that..that is so Jon! I think it is cute that Avery was getting into too! I had to laugh that she was on Jon's side! I love moments like that!

Pacefamily said...

Don't you just love fun, unplanned, carefree times like that?? That's when life seems the best. Funny how we all know that and yet most of our time is spent so structured and scheduled. I guess that is what makes those spontaneous times so special!