As Avery is growing and getting older, it is a blast to see her turn into this little person. With needs, wants, and her own opinions and preferences. I say to myself, but she is only 14 and a half months old. I think of her as this little baby who needs her mom and dad to do everything for her. Now, she wants to do things on her own and takes us where she wants to go and show us things she likes or is interested in. One very fun thing she does is reach for mine or Jon's hand and will guide us to where the one of us is to be together. If I am in the kitchen, she will take me to the office where Jon is to play and hang out or vice versa. Jon and I have to do so much on the computer, the office has become Avery's "play" room. Since we are in here so much. She is starting to talk so much. She has her words she has had for awhile now; dog, mom, dad, hi, bye. Now she is repeating so much. She will say; "tah dah", I did it, I got it, I see it, no no no no! Yesterday we were at my mom's and she stepped onto the fireplace and turned around and said I did it! and began to clap. She uses it in all the right places which amazes me. She knows the baby sign for all done and will sign back to me when I say it. WOW!! I started it for when she was done eating. And it works. Now, I found that it works for other things also. She likes to stand in the tub during tubbie time and that is a big no no. So I was telling her no standing and sit her down. She would do it again and I would warn her if she does it again, tubbie would be all done. So a couple nights of short short tubs because she would not listen until one night, she stood up and I asked "all done?" And she quickly sat down. Only a couple times she would look at me and stick her little bum in the air like she was going to stand up and would ask her if she was all done and she would sit down. Let me tell you what a moment this was for me. I was so thrilled and still am. I feel like wow, I can be a parent. My baby girl is listening and understanding. She is so fun and loves to play, cuddle, and very rarely gets mad. We know for sure she is her daddy's girl but also loves her momma. And she knows how much we love and cherish her.
4 comments:
I love that she brings you too together! I think that is so sweet! I know she will be so different next time we see her! She is getting so big so fast! You are a great mom!
This was such a sweet post. I have always been impressed at the love and attention that you and John give this sweet little girl. She is lucky to have such great parents.
hahaha! I can just see her sticking out her bum! :) How cool is that to hear actual words? I still get the coos , but they are still totally awesome!
Isn't crazy how smart little kids are. Avery is such a little cutie!!
Post a Comment